HI ALL, Looking for explanation !

Feel free to write anything.
zakdima
Intresserad

HI ALL, Looking for explanation !

Post by zakdima » Sat May 03, 2008 3:03 pm

HI, everyone ! i am new here but i like Airguns same as you =)
i live in Sweden around 3 years, before in my country i was use to hunt with airgun, so now i am in Sweden and i would like to buy PCP Airgun but i don't understand exactly Swedish law about Airguns, i am confused because some websites said
(Pest control with airguns is allowed in Sweden if you have a gun that exceeds 180 m/s V0 and are caliber .22
But that's not all, you must have passed the "Jägar Examen" (Hunter School) and have a FAC.)

and after i go to FXairguns.com
FX typhoon - Velocity:Cal 5,5 (.22) 265m/s 870 ft/s
Energy:Cal 5,5 (.22) 36 Joule 27 ft/lbs

and on progunner.se i can buy same Airgun FX typhoon 5,5 which look like much stronger than swedish law allow you to have, but on progunner.se its written LICENSE FREE
FX Typhoon
Längd: 92cm
Vikt: 1.9kg
Piplängd: 50cm
Licens: Nej
Kaliber: .177 (4.5mm) el .22 (5.5mm)
:wall :wall :wall :help :help

MrBlarren
Airgun Pro (light)

Re: HI ALL, Looking for explanation !

Post by MrBlarren » Sat May 03, 2008 3:16 pm

All airguns/rifle sold in Sweden are restricted to 10 joul but if you have a licens or it should be exported you coul get the full power version i think

zakdima
Intresserad

Post by zakdima » Sat May 03, 2008 3:24 pm

How hard is it to get License Jägar Examen" (Hunter School) and have a FAC ????
and how long time its take ? and if i don't understand swidish can i do it on another languages ?

If someone have any information about it please reply ! :!:

-Jonas-
Airgun Pro (Heavy)

Post by -Jonas- » Sat May 03, 2008 5:03 pm

Hi and welcome!

Any airgun that can be limited to 10 Joules are license free and can be bought by any one over 18 years old.

If you need a more powerfull airgun you need to have a FAC...and even if you have one its not legal to hunt with unless you have a contract from someone that has a problem with pest...

For normal hunting a rifle have to be at atleast 150 Joules...and you need to have the "jägarexamen".

Jägarexamen can be done over a weekend for a cost of around 10.000 sek or over a longer time for about 3.000 sek...

Or you can join a club that shoots with fullpower airguns and be an active member for six month and then you can have a FAC for target shooting.
Livet blir roligare efter .32

zakdima
Intresserad

Post by zakdima » Sat May 03, 2008 5:26 pm

thanks 2 Jonas ! for good answer !

so as i understand in Sweden i not allowed hunt with airgun small animals and birds like bunny,squirrel, duck,pigeon,fasan even if i have FAC license ????

I cannot believe what peoples in Sweden does not hunt with airguns ! crow hunting much more interesting than hunt with fire weapon, and its become more and more popular in all of the world.
I think its not worth it to buy airgun just for target shooting, its become boring very fast.

but anyway maybe someone here use to hunt with airguns ? or maybe its some club for airgun hunters who use hight power airguns over 150Joules ?

speediii

Post by speediii » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:41 pm

I think the Swedish laws are good - from what I understand it's about having humain kills and not having half the population shooting anything that strolls into their garden just because it's fun. On the otherhand I'm not sure it's a great idea to shoot a rat in a barn with a 150+ joule rifle :-)

I have (access to) a high power air rifle in the UK and shoot with my uncle and rabbits, rats, pigeons drop. Grey squirrels their are also a big problem (red squirrels are completely different and protected of course), they eat birds eggs like Magpies/Jays do, so we get them too if we can. Living in a rural area we always shoot on land where the owners "have asked us" to shoot on, so this is a lot like the Swedes saying "you need permission".

Return to “English forum”