Gladiator with 21 grain pellets

Feel free to write anything.

Topic author
oykas
Nyfiken

Gladiator with 21 grain pellets

Postby oykas » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:24 pm

Hello guys

I am waiting for a new Gladiator DA .22 cal FAC to arrive, but i have a question for you guys out there, that already have on just like mine..

I have many tins of Barracuda Match, 21 grain pellets and i am wondering if any of you have shot any out of your Gladiator.
I see many guys using the 16 grain JSB’s and i always preferred to shot heavier ammo at a slightly lower speed.
What i need to know if anybody has tested or is shooting with the 21 grain pellets, is what speed do the pellets reach and more importantly is the cocking mechanism just the same like the 16 grain pellets...i mean is it harder or is it causing any problems when shooting with the 21 grain pellets.?
I am sure the accuracy will be good, but please correct me if i am wrong, so i can buy a few tins of JSB’s...you see i always buy bulk so i better get right.

Thank you very much for all your help.
AIM SMALL HIT BIG

PistolPete
Entusiast

Re: Gladiator with 21 grain pellets

Postby PistolPete » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:29 pm

Baracuda Match is suposed to preform better than the JSB in a Gladiator at full speed cause the JSB does 295m/s (968ft/s) and the baracuda does 255m/s (839ft/s) wich brings it under the "magic" speed of 274m/s (900ft/s) were the bullet starts loosing accuracy.

The diameter of the both bullets are about the same so there should be little difference loading them. A pellet with a diameter of 5,50mm is pretty easly slamed in place by the "loading arm" while a 5,52mm needs some pushing. It was a veeery long time since i shot my rifle but i am pretty shure the accuracy of the JSB is not bad. I have shot many JSB (or the rebranded FX-pellet) at full speed but most of them was at 9 m at home, so i dont have much experience of that bullet at long range. I have done very pleasing groups with Baracuda Match at about 60 m. I was very happy. :mrgreen: :up

I have shot 16gr then 21gr and back and forth, and i have never noticed any problem in doing that, neither have i ever heard that it could cause problems shooting a (relativly) heavy pellet out of a FX (or any other PCP/CO2).

I hope you enjoy your new rifle. ;)
Fx Gladiator .22 - SIMALUX Gold Edition 6-24x50 AO (Med licens att döda) * Röhm Twinmaster Trainer .177 * Baikal IJ-53M .177
"I dont cook food, i kill it!" - PistolPete, 2008.

Topic author
oykas
Nyfiken

Postby oykas » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:48 pm

Thank you very much for the detail info, i am sure the accuracy is there with both pellets 16 and 21 grain, but i prefer the 21 grain as i will mostly hunt and i like the much bigger knocking power and more importantly less drifting in the wind because of the weight.

My only concern is the cocking , because as you well now the lever moves forward on it's own. From what you wrote i think i will have to give the lever a little push.

I am more than sure i will enjoy my rifle, thank you very much for your post.
AIM SMALL HIT BIG

PistolPete
Entusiast

Postby PistolPete » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:32 pm

oykas wrote:My only concern is the cocking , because as you well now the lever moves forward on it's own.

Yes it does, but the Gladiator has a stop were the lever stays in the pulled-back position. It needs a smal push to go forward. Its kind of hard to explain, but you will see. And if you want to push the lever forward yourself, you can easly remove the spring that pushes the lever forward.
Fx Gladiator .22 - SIMALUX Gold Edition 6-24x50 AO (Med licens att döda) * Röhm Twinmaster Trainer .177 * Baikal IJ-53M .177
"I dont cook food, i kill it!" - PistolPete, 2008.

Topic author
oykas
Nyfiken

Postby oykas » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:50 am

Thank you for the detail answer, i have no doughts now about this and what i can do to it if i am not happy with anything :up
AIM SMALL HIT BIG

Return to “English forum”