(Posted this airsoft.se by mistake!)
Have been living in Sweden for a few years and on a recent trip back to the UK got re-interested in shooting (rabbits / wood pigeons) with my Weihrauch. I was thinking about buying the FX Verminator here in Sweden from Hurricane (http://www.luftvapen.se
) but have a few questions:
1. I assume this is a licence free gun (i.e. not over 12ft/lbs)? Or ok to buy here in Sweden without any licence..?
2. As I don’t know anyone here who has a farm with a rat problem ;-) I’d be using it as a target practice machine, BUT, when I travel to the UK I’d like to take it with me. Question is, can I check this in on a flight with my luggage? The FX verminator breaks down to a very travel friendly size, but wondered what the rules were for putting an airgun in your suitcase?!
3. In the UK, we are allowed to shoot rabbits, pigeons, magpies (‘skata’) and so forth. I’d imagine Sweden being a little “You need permission from the kommun to shoot anything” – is this true? Any links to Swedish rules & regulations would be most welcome (I read Swedish pretty well)
4. Because of my travel requirement, and that living in Stockholm I’d have to travel to use it anyway, I think the break down FX Verminator would be a good choice. Does anyone have any good advice on this, or anything else I should consider? Being British you’d think I might go BSA, but I think the FX models are simply top of the line from what I’ve read. They are very expensive in the UK & America compared to Sweden, bit like SAAB’s and are considered exotic. FX Verminator in the UK currently retails at about 10,500sek at current exchange rates.
5. Finally, could someone recommend a good scope / Silencer for the FX Verminator – mid-range good-all-round and will fit in the foam box that the FX Verminator comes with?
Thanks very much!