Timberwolf/ how to adjust the hammer spring?

Feel free to write anything.

Topic author
darryl

Timberwolf/ how to adjust the hammer spring?

Postby darryl » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:51 pm

I have had some success in tuning the rifle suing the venturi screw (see the spreadsheet), but after 20 perfect shots the performance consistency drops off. I believe it's now time to tune with the hammer spring, but I'm not sure what is involved with this rifle. Does anyone know the proper sequence for adjusting the hammer spring? I've adjusted hammer springs on other PCPs, but I don't want to assume anything with this rifle. For instance, I could adjust the hammer spring on those other rifles without emptying the air tank first. Again, I'm not going to assume that for the Timberwolf. I'll appreciate any help. This is a great rifle, and I want to get it to my desired tune state where I can have at least 30 consistent shots, as with the first 20 shots on my sheet.
thank you,
darryl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
darryl

Re: Timberwolf/ how to adjust the hammer spring?

Postby darryl » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:45 am

well I learned how to adjust the hammer spring tension. Very similar to adjusting the hammer spring on the AT44. Here's my result after turning the screw out one full turn. As you can (barely) see, 36 of the 40 shots are within 4% of the highest recorded shot. Not too bad for a first try. :toast
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

snajper
Airgun Pro (Heavy)

Postby snajper » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:49 am

Nice curve :up I thought at first that you wondered how you would adjust to a smooth curve and not how to adjusted the tension, that i had been able to tell, but I have a descending curve in my Ranchero as well that I do not get to be even
/_////////______/
..)´´´(_(__)/
./_¤_/
/___/

Topic author
darryl

Postby darryl » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:04 pm

hi snajper,
Sorry if I was unclear in what I was wanting to learn to do.
this rifle is really impressive with what can be done with a minor adjustment such as I made. But in looking at the new curve, I'm trying to decide how to proceed to. With 36 of the 40 shots within 4% of the fastest recorded shot, I suppose I should really try to leave well enough alone. I was told by one owner that he's done a little better than that, but I'm not in competition with anyone. I just wanted to get close to the results of these articles on the Rapier and the FX2000 (page down on each page to see the shot strings)
http://varmintair.typepad.com/varmintai ... ws-rapier/
http://varmintair.typepad.com/varmintairs_blog/fx-2000/
These blog reviews are the reason I wanted either a Rapier or a Timberwolf in the first place: long-range accuracy and good shot count with a low standard deviation along a 30-shot string. It's just impressive. In fact, I'd like to find either a Tarantula or an FX2000 one day.
My goal with this rifle has been to attain 30 good shots per fill at 30 FPE. I think I can do that. But for my shooting distances and targets,28 FPE with a few more shots per fill seems OK at the moment. 8-)
darryl

Return to “English forum”